Chicken Enchiladas with 8 veggie sauce
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 red pepper deseeded and sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts/ plant based chicken pieces, cut into thin strips
- 5 tbsp sweetcorn
- 1 tin baked beans
- 8 flour tortillas
- 100 g grated cheese
- 3 spring onions trimmed and sliced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 large avocado peeled and sliced
- 150 ml soured cream
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C/Gas 5.
- For the enchilada, heat half of the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the sliced onions and peppers and cook over a medium heat for about 3 minutes, or until just tender and starting to caramelise at the edges. Add the garlic and red chilli and cook for a further 30 seconds. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan, add the chicken and cook quickly over a medium heat until cooked through and golden brown.
- Add half of the enchilada sauce, baked beans and sweetcorn, cook for a further minute.
- Lay the flour tortillas on the work surface and divide the chicken mixture between them. Roll the flour tortillas around the filling into cigars and arrange neatly and snuggly in an ovenproof dish (roughly 20 x 30cm/8x 12in). Spoon the remaining enchilada sauce over the top and scatter with grated cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the filling is piping hot and the cheese bubbling, melted and golden-brown.
- To serve, scatter with the spring onions and chopped coriander and serve with sliced avocado and soured cream alongside.