Kid Friendly Veggie Packed Fajita's
Quick, easy and suitable for vegetarians, these Kiddie Friendly Veggie Fajitas are perfect for working towards that all important 5 a day!Im a big fan of all kinds of Mexican and Tex-Mex foods and spent a lot of time convincing my kiddies to enjoy it as much as me! With our mild 8 Veggie Mexican sauce this helps create a subtle blend of spice whilst including hidden blend of extra veggies and haricot beans.
- 6 Flour Tortilla Wraps
- 1 jar 8 Veggie Mexican Sauce
- 150 g Baby sweetcorn
- 1 Small onion
- 1 Red or yellow pepper
- 1 handful Mushrooms
- 1 can 400g Black beans (rinse and drained) (optional)
- 1 handful Tofu or Shredded Chicken, cooked
- Your choice of grated cheese/ guacamole / sour cream / salsa / lime/ shredded lettuce/ coriander
- 1 tbsp Olive or rapeseed oil
- Remove the tortilla wraps from the packet and wrap in foil.
- Preheat the oven to 180oc
- Slice up your veggies- mushrooms, sweetcorn, peppers, onion and mushrooms
- Put 1 tbsp of olive in a large frying pan or wok and heat over a high heat for 1 minute. Add all the sliced vegetables and stir-fry over a high heat for 5 minutes, or until the veg is softened.
- Tip the black beans into the same pan and stir until warmed through.
- Add in your cooked Tofu or Shredded cooked chicken
- Gradually drizzle in your Lotsa Goodness 8 Veggie Mexican sauce. Use as much or as little here as you wish. It depends on whether you prefer your fajitas to be very saucy or a little more on the dry side.
- Put the tortilla wraps in the oven for 10 minutes until warmed through.
- Remove from the oven and keep the tortillas wrapped in foil until needed.
- Lay a large spoonful of the chopped vegetables and serve in the warm tortilla wraps alongside your chosen toppings. Let the kiddies layer on whatever they want to make up their own fajitas - sour cream, grated carrot, shredded lettuce, salsa or grated cheese.